Submissions for the 2020 (paused due to covid) and 2021 Erin Agricultural Society Horse Heritage Hall of Fame awards are now being accepted.
If you know of a person, organization, stable or horse who has contributed in a significant way to the horse culture in Erin, we’d like to hear about it.
- Equine (Horse) Community Contribution/Mentorship (youth and others)
- Breed Development
- Equine Industry Leadership
- Significant Lifetime Achievement (person or horse)
- Entries should be limited to one page (500 words) and if possible include a photo.
- In your own words, please tell us about your nominee, why and how they contributed to Erin’s horse heritage.
- Typewritten or hand-written submissions welcome
- The nominee must have lived within the Town of Erin or has participated in significant horse activity within the Erin community.
- Deadline: Friday September 17, 2021
Email: email@example.com, EAS/Horse Heritage Awards 184-190 Main Street Erin Ontario N0B 1T0
Mailbox drop off: Erin Fair office, 190 Main St. Erin.
Questions? Please call: 519.833.2808 or Text 519.216.4562
- Winners will be presented with their award at the 2021 Erin Fair, Saturday morning in the Agriculture Awareness Tent.
Background: In 2018, the Erin Agricultural Society established the Horse Heritage Hall of Fame. Its purpose is to celebrate Erin’s rich equine history and to recognize leaders within Erin’s horse community. Since the early 1800’s horses have played a vital role in Erin, and they continue to contribute in a meaningful way to the local equine economic sector, recreation and country lifestyle. The Hall of Fame awards is now an annual event, with winners being announced at the Erin Fair.