Erin Fair and EASAmbassador Program
- Contestants, male or female:
Senior: 17 years of age and over as of August 1, 2021
Junior: 13 to 16 years of age as of August 1, 2021
- Must be a resident of The Town of Erin and/or reside within 50 km of the Erin fair grounds.
- Winner of the Senior Competition will represent the Erin Agricultural Society at the August 2022 Canadian National Exhibition (CNE) Ambassador of the Fair Contest.
- Winner of the Junior Competition cannot run in the senior competition for at least one (1) year after his/her reign.
- Contestants will be judged on interview, speech, community knowledge and involvement, presentation, deportment, and personality.
- Winners and Runner-ups of both the Senior and Junior Competitions must be able to attend throughout the duration of the Fair and other scheduled events.
- Components of the competition include:
a. An interview of approximately 10 minutes in length for both Junior and Senior competitors.
- b. Submission of a “Me Board” at the time of interviews. A visual presentation of colour photos and minimal text to present the contestants accomplishments, hobbies and more! (36” X 48” Fold out board can be purchased at walmart, staples etc)
- c. A public impromptu question, which will be provided by the judges based on applicants resume.
d. Contestants (Junior and Senior) will be asked to give a speech about Agricultural practices or issues, rural life and related activities or the 2021 theme “From Pioneer Days to Modern Ways”.
Junior: approximately one to two minutes
Senior: approximately two to three minutes
- Entry date September 15th early bird entry, October 1st final deadline - email to email@example.com
- Winner of the Senior Competition to receive a $1500 scholarship + $200 clothing allowance and 1st Runner-up to receive $750.
- Winner of the Junior Competition to receive a $500 scholarship and 1st Runner-up to receive $250.
For more information, please contact: Racheal Seifried (519) 362-2078. Changes may be made without notice at the discretion of the Committee and all decisions made by the committee are final.
Barth’s Cleaning Centre
Blue Bird Café
Calerin (Golf North)
Century Church Theatre
Coningsby Women’s Institute
Dairy Queen, Orangeville
Davis Farm and Feed Supply
Decor Solutions Furniture & Design
Dr. Jon Walcott
Dr. Katrina Kulhay
Ron & Elinor Fuller
Erin Tennis Club
Frabert’s Fresh Food
Galaxy Cinema, Orangeville
Gelly Filled Nails
Hillsburgh Community Centre
Hillsburgh Lions Club
Lori’s Nails & Spa
Mark’s Work Wearhouse
McDonald's, Caledon Village
McEnery Insurance Brokers
Monarkey Staging & Photography
Neilson Cabinet Works
Orangeville Salt and Soil
Pam Breese Photographer
Pizza Momma Mia
Premier Equipment Ltd.
River Run Centre
Ron & Donna Hawkins
Quick Pick Convenience & Video
Spirit Tree Estate Cidery
Suzanne and Gary Whaley
Ted Arnott, M.P.P.
The Spa @ Belfountain
The Village Green
The Scrap Club
Tina's Homemade Cooking
Toronto Auto Glass
TSC – Orangeville
Uncle Harry’s Fish & Chips
Wildwinds Golf and Country Club
Lindsay Bodolai (Ambassador)
Charlotte Gordon (Junior Ambassador)
2021 Runner Ups and 2019 Ambassadors
Wearing green ribbons: 2021 Sr. Runner Up Ambassador Kaitlyn Dornhoff (far left) and 2021 Jr. Runner Up Ambassador Charlotte Gordon (middle)
Far right: 2019 Ambassador Shania Brown and Jr. Ambassador Makena Ray
Erin Fair Ambassador Reunion
Erin Fair Ambassadors from the past 25 years gather for a group photo at the 2021 Erin Fair