Erin Fair and EASAmbassador Program
Friday October 11, 2019
7pm (Exhibits Hall)
Scholarship and Leadership Program
- Contestants, male or female:
Senior: 17 years of age and over as of August 1, 2019
Junior: 13 to 16 years of age as of August 1, 2019
- Must be a resident of The Town of Erin and/or reside within 50 km of the Erin fair grounds.
- Winner of the Senior Competition will represent the Erin Agricultural Society at the August 2020 Canadian National Exhibition (CNE) Ambassador of the Fair Contest.
- Winner of the Junior Competition cannot run in the senior competition for at least one (1) year after his/her reign.
- Contestants will be judged on interview, speech, community knowledge and involvement, presentation, deportment, and personality.
- Winners and Runner-ups of both the Senior and Junior Competitions must be able to attend throughout the duration of the Fair and other scheduled events.
- Components of the competition include:
a. An interview of approximately 10 minutes in length for both Junior and Senior competitors
b. On stage introduction - approximately 200 words to introduce yourself.
c. An impromptu question, which will be provided by the Committee
d. Contestants (Junior and Senior) will be asked to give a speech about Agricultural practices or issues, rural life and related activities.
Junior: approximately one to two minutes
Senior: approximately two to three minutes
- September 15, 2019 *EARLY BIRD ENTRY* and have your name entered in a draw to win a $100 VISA Gift Card
Erin Agricultural Society, P.O. Box 906, Erin, ON, N0B 1T0
or by email to firstname.lastname@example.org
- Winner of the Senior Competition to receive $1,500 scholarship and 1st Runner-up to receive $500.
- Winner of the Junior Competition to receive $750 scholarship and 1st Runner-up to receive $250.
For more information, please contact: Rachel Seifried (519) 362-2078. Changes may be made without notice at the discretion of the Committee and all decisions made by the committee are final.
Barth’s Cleaning Centre
Blue Bird Café
Calerin (Golf North)
Century Church Theatre
Coningsby Women’s Institute
Dairy Queen, Orangeville
Davis Farm and Feed Supply
Decor Solutions Furniture & Design
Dr. Jon Walcott
Dr. Katrina Kulhay
Ron & Elinor Fuller
Erin Tennis Club
Frabert’s Fresh Food
Galaxy Cinema, Orangeville
Gelly Filled Nails
Hillsburgh Community Centre
Hillsburgh Lions Club
Lori’s Nails & Spa
Mark’s Work Wearhouse
McDonald's, Caledon Village
McEnery Insurance Brokers
Monarkey Staging & Photography
Neilson Cabinet Works
Orangeville Salt and Soil
Pam Breese Photographer
Pizza Momma Mia
Premier Equipment Ltd.
River Run Centre
Ron & Donna Hawkins
Quick Pick Convenience & Video
Spirit Tree Estate Cidery
Suzanne and Gary Whaley
Ted Arnott, M.P.P.
The Spa @ Belfountain
The Village Green
The Scrap Club
Tina's Homemade Cooking
Toronto Auto Glass
TSC – Orangeville
Uncle Harry’s Fish & Chips
Wildwinds Golf and Country Club
Megan Robart-Morgan (Ambassador)
Natalie Klein (Junior Ambassador)