Erin FairAmbassador Program
Ambassador scholarship and
If you are a resident of The Town of Erin and/or reside within 50 km of the Erin fair grounds you are eligible to apply for the Erin Fair Ambassador Program.
Download editable 2018 Ambassador Application PDF.
- Contestants, male or female:
Senior: 17 years of age and over as of August 1, 2018
Junior: 13 to 16 years of age as of August 1, 2018
- Must be a resident of The Town of Erin and/or reside within 50 km of the Erin fair grounds.
- Must have resided in Canada for the past two years.
- Winner of the Senior Competition will represent the Erin Agricultural Society at the August 2019 Canadian National Exhibition (CNE) Ambassador of the Fair Contest.
- Winner of the Junior Competition cannot run in the senior competition for at least one (1) year after his/her reign.
- Contestants will be judged on interview, speech, community knowledge and involvement, presentation, deportment, and personality.
- Winners and Runner-ups of both the Senior and Junior Competitions must be able to attend throughout the duration of the Fair and other scheduled events.
- Components of the competition include:
a. An interview of approximately 10 minutes in length for both Junior and Senior
b. A current events quiz consisting of 10 questions
c. An impromptu question, which will be provided by the Committee
d. Contestants (Junior and Senior) will be asked to give a speech about Agricultural
practices or issues, rural life and related activities.
Senior: approximately three to five minutes
Junior: approximately two to four minutes
- August 12, 2018 *EARLY BIRD ENTRY* and have your name entered in a draw to win a $100 VISA Gift Card
September 12, 2018 **deadline**
Erin Agricultural Society, P.O. Box 906, Erin, ON, N0B 1T0
or by email to email@example.com
- Winner of the Senior Competition to receive $1500 scholarship and 1st Runner-up to receive $500.
- Winner of the Junior Competition to receive $750 scholarship and 1st Runner-up to receive $250.
For more information, please contact: Sarah Warn at (519) 216-2377 or firstname.lastname@example.org and Marissa Mallais (519) 400-0200. Changes may be made without notice at the discretion of the Committee and all decisions made by the committee are final.
*NOTICE: COMPETITION TO BE HELD FRIDAY NIGHT*
Barth’s Cleaning Centre
Blue Bird Café
Century Church Theatre
Country Garden Concrete
Dapper Dogs Barber Shop
Davis Farm and Feed Supply
Decor Solutions Furniture
Dr. Jon Walcott
Dr. Katrina Kulhay
Ron & Elinor Fuller
Erin Hills Dental
Erin Small Engines
Erin Tennis Club
Fork’s Bicycle Shop
Frabert’s Fresh Food
Gelly Filled Nail Salon
Hillsburgh Lions Club
Hillsburgh Snow Roamers
Lee’s House Home Day Care
Lori’s Nails & Spa
Mark’s Work Wearhouse
McEnery Insurance Brokers
Michael Chong, MP
Neilson Cabinet Works
Orangeville Salt and Soil
P & L Accounting
Pam Breese Photographer
Pizza Momma Mia
Premier Equipment Ltd.
River Run Centre
Ron & Donna Hawkins
Convenience & Video
Sinopoli Tack & Feed
Snowberry Botanicals Inc.
Spirit Tree Estate Cidery
Suzanne and Gary Whaley
Ted Arnott, M.P.P.
The Spa @ Belfountain
The Village Green
TSC – Orangeville
Uncle Harry’s Fish & Chips
Wildwinds Golf and
Racheal Seifried (Ambassador) and
Ashley Schoeftner (Junior Ambassador)