Erin Fair Big Event TraditionsAuto motive
Big Event Competitions
Antique Tractor Display
All Weekend Long
Lawn & Garden Tractor Pull
Thursday October 10, 2019
Friday October 11, 2019
Saturday October 12, 2019
Sunday October 13, 2019
Monday October 14, 2019
SHOW & SHINE
Monday October 14, 2019
Office: 184 Main Street, Box 906, Erin, Ontario N0B 1T0
Phone: (519) 833-2808 (leave message)
Fax: (519) 833-0673
Please note that these rules apply to both open class and 1980 & newer.
Xtreme Productions only permits P-RATED SUMMER OR ALL SEASON tires. If there are EXTREME track conditions, some exceptions may be made. The exceptions are at the discretion of Xtreme Productions Officials and are NOT NEGOTIABLE.
Type of Vehicle
Any North American made hard top sedan or wagon. NO convertibles, jeep, limos, checker cabs or imperials. Competitors in the 4 cylinder class may use imports. TRUCK DRIVERS please note that unless otherwise specified in the schedule all trucks are to be ½ ton or ¾ ton single cab vehicles (no extended cab or crew cab).
1. Only one tow vehicle per demolition derby car in the pit area.
2. Drivers are responsible for ensuring that any other person around their care has signed the insurance waiver. Failure to do so may result in disqualification.
3. One driver and one pit person will receive free pit passes on the day of the event. All other persons wishing to be in the pit area will be required to pay a fee.
4. Xtreme Productions is not responsible for lost or stolen articles.
5. Demolition Derby is a hazardous sport and therefore anyone with health conditions or who is pregnant should not compete.
6. Xtreme Productions is not responsible for any injuries sustained either by drivers or members of the pit crew. Drivers should carry their own insurance for this purpose.
7. Xtreme Productions has a zero tolerance policy for the consumption of any alcohol or controlled substance by either the driver or pit crew. Any person under the influence of such substances will be disqualified from participation in the event and will not be issued a refund.
8. All drivers are required to report to Xtreme Productions at the time of arrival. Cars and drivers are to arrive a minimum of 1 ½ hours prior to start time.
9. All drivers must attend the driver’s meeting on the day of the event.
10. Drivers must be a minimum of 16 years of age.
11. All cars must be inspected by an Xtreme Productions official prior to the event start.
12. All work must be done prior to arrival at event.
13. All parts and vehicles must be removed from the event site.
14. Disqualification for any reason will not result in refund.
15. All cars must have working seatbelts.
16. All drivers must have a CSA approved helmet with working chin straps.
17. Eye protection must be worn.
18. No Shorts. Drivers should wear coveralls and safety footwear.
19. All vehicles must have a working CSA approved fire extinguisher secured within reach of the driver.
20. All flammable material except the dashboard and driver’s seat must be removed.
21. All lights, trailer, hitches, chrome, and exterior moldings must be removed.
22. All glass must be removed and debris swept clean.
23. Stock gas tanks must be removed. The only acceptable substitutes are a CSA approved METAL marine tank or custom METAL fuel cell. NO JERRY CANS. Gas tank must be securely mounted in the middle of the backseat. After inspection, the gas tank must be covered with a fireproof shield.
24. All vehicles MUST HAVE leak-proof fitting with steel or rubber lines. NO EXCEPTIONS.
25. Al vehicles with electric fuel pumps must have a safety shutoff switch mounted on the top of the steering wheel or dash area for easy access by Xtreme Productions Officials. All shut off switches should be painted a bright colour for easier visual location in case of emergency.
26. The battery must be moved from its stock position to the front passenger floor and contained in a box of container and must be covered with a fire proof shield. Only one 12-volt car battery is permitted.
27. A 12“ hole MUST be cut out of the hood above the carburetor. The hood must be fastened down in at least four places by wiring, strapping, chain or belts. NO WELDS.
28. Metal may be cut from around wheels for clearance. Rear ¼ may be welded or bolted.
29. Radiators must be in stock position and filled with water NOT antifreeze.
30. NO WELDING OF FRAMES except to secure bumpers. Rusty frames may be repaired. Bent frames may also be repaired with steel no thicker tan factory and no longer than 4” on 2 sides only. Over repaired frames will be considered reinforced and will be disqualified. This will be decided at the discretion of the Xtreme Productions officials and their word is final.
31. NO PAINTING FRAMES
32. All repairs to frames must be revealed to Xtreme Productions Officials at the time of inspection. If any other alteration are found, it will result in disqualifications.
33. Only car bumpers may be used on cars, truck bumpers on trucks. Bumper styles may be interchanged. Bumpers must remain front on front, rear on rear. Bumper shocks and mounting brackets may be welded. Bumpers can be chained and the ends may be cut off. No reinforcing of any kind on bumpers.
34. No welding inside body support seams or firewall seams.
35. A steal bar or cage MUST be placed over the windshield. If using mesh, only cover the driver’s side of the windshield. Any bars that are for reinforcement must be altered or removed. This will be decided at the discretion of an Xtreme Productions official and their word is final.
36. Drivers door window can not be covered with anything including crash bars or steel mesh.
37. All air bags and airbag sensors must be removed.
38. Absolutely no bars across the dash.
39. A 3 x 3 bar may run behind driver’s seat from post to post. The bar may extend downward and be welded or bolted to the top of the rocker or frame. A maximum of three bars may be run inside the drivers door for safety. A rollover bar is permitted.
40. All ball joints, tie rods, control arms, and steering linkage must remain stock.
41. Holes cut in the firewall must be covered with inflammable material.
42. Large holes in the floor or sunroof must be covered with metal that is securely fastened.
43. Rims must be stock. Only P_RATED SUMMER or ALL SEASON tread is permitted. No filling tires with any material, including fluids, chemicals or foam. No double tires or sidewalls. No studs, or screwing tires to rims. All wheel weights, trim rings and hub caps must be removed.
44. Body mounts must remain in place and stock. Only four extra bolts may be added to the drivers compartment. Two rear mounts may be extended up through the trunk or roof.
45. Steering column, rear sways and drive shafts may be altered.
46. The suspension styles on each car must remain stock. Ie. Coils can not be interchanged with leafs. Broken or sagging springs may be changed. Gears may be welded.
47. Doors and trunks must be chained, strapped or welded shut. No solid welds.
48. Xtreme Productions reserves the right to change any safety rule to meet track or weather conditions.
49. The word of any Xtreme Productions Official is final.
50. A protest fee of $100.00 is required to protest any vehicle.
51. At the conclusion of any event and at the discretion of any Xtreme Productions official, the winning vehicle may be inspected before any prize money or trophy is awarded.
- Operators must wear helmet and remain seated
- Must have wheelie bars
- Maximum height 16” draw bar
- Weights must be secured
- Watch flag person – RED MEANS STOP; failure to stop could result in disqualification
- Waiver must be signed by all entries – under 18 years of age must have adult signature
- Must pass weight and safety inspection
- Track Official word is final on safety and weight of tractor
- Engine and drive train to original garden tractor equipment
- No duals and/or chains on tires
- All styles of rubber tires are acceptable
- All tractors must have working brakes
Specific rules for other contests, competitions and various classes can be found in the Erin Fair Book or in the individual PDF's on this page.
If you are unclear on any rule or regulation please contact the committee member for that competition or class listed the PDF.