Erin Fall FairAnimals & Exhibitors
Exhibitors Entry Form
We have two form formats available for exhibitors to download in PDF format. As stated on both PDFs there currently is NO online entry form available at this time.
2017 Entry Submissions
LIVESTOCK ENTRIES MUST BE IN THE HANDS OF THE SECRETARY ON OR BEFORE SEPTEMBER 30, 2017. The Agricultural Society Office will be open 10:00 am – 4:00 pm on Wednesdays throughout the months of August and September.
PHONE: (519) 833-2808 (please leave a message)
FAX: (519) 833-0673
ADDRESS: 190 Main Street, Box 906, Erin, Ontario N0B 1T0
Please include your emergency number on all entry forms to ensure delivery of prize money.
- All competitions are open to the Province except where otherwise stated in the Prize List.
- Each exhibitor shall automatically become an associate member of the Society.
- The annual associate membership fee shall be $5 and a full voting membership is $10 for those that wish to become a member but not an exhibitor.
- Daily admission: 5 – 12 years of age $5 per day, 13 years of age and over $10 per day. A Fair pass including Friday, Saturday, Sunday and Monday (four days of the Fair) is $30, not including parking. Thursday is Toonie night (admission $2 and all rides $2). Ambassador of the Fair competition to be held on Friday evening in the exhibits hall beginning at 7:00 pm.
- All livestock must be the property of the person in whose name they are entered.
- No exhibitor can win more than two prizes in the same section of any class or as specified in the Prize List.
- All animals shown in the purebred classes must be registered in their respective herd books and their names and numbers must accompany each entry.
- Unethical fitting of cattle entered for competition is prohibited. All cattle entered for competition shall be presented in the judging ring in their natural conformation and with no preparation other than natural feeding and fitting, with the exception of any treatment of hair, horn or hooves. Any exhibitor entering animals shall agree to have any animal or animals examined by person or persons appointed by the Society for such purpose, upon request of the Director in charge of said Show.
- The Judge’s decision is final but in the event of any dissatisfaction the exhibitor may have the privilege of asking the Judge’s reasons for placing, and should any mistake occur in awarding prizes, which cannot be adjusted in the Judge’s book, the Directors shall then decide the matter in dispute.
- No person shall be allowed to interfere with the judges while in discharge of their duties. Any exhibitor or attendant who is guilty of creating a disturbance, whether by openly criticizing the judge or using obscene language to any judge or officer, shall therefore forfeit the right of any premium and may be suspended by the Society from exhibiting.
- All donations in money, goods, articles or articles of any kind given to the Society for special prizes shall be considered property of the Society until awarded.
- While the directors will take precautions under the circumstances to prevent accidents in and around the grounds, and attempt to insure the safety of articles and livestock, any exhibitor or persons going into or upon the grounds or parking lots must personally assume all risk of accident or injury or damage from any cause whatsoever. Exhibitors to carry their own liability insurance for livestock shown.
- The Society will not hold itself responsible for any printers or other palpable errors in this Prize List.
- Any infringement of the rules and regulations will be punishable by withholding the prizes and/or expulsion from the Society.
- All livestock must be on the grounds by 9:00 am on the days of showing and must remain on the grounds until at least 4:30 pm unless otherwise specified.
- **NEW** All livestock/equine exhibitors must provide proof of insurance with policy number, name of insurance company and expiry date on Entry Forms.
- The Erin Agricultural Society reserves the right to ask the exhibitor to remove an animal from the grounds due to health or other reasons.
- In the event of inclement weather the Society reserves the right to cancel any or all sections of the Show, whatever is deemed necessary.
- All horses to enter Centre Street Entrance or Dundas Street Entrance, depending on the ring being used for their event.
- LIVESTOCK ENTRIES MUST BE IN THE HANDS OF THE SECRETARY ON OR BEFORE SEPTEMBER 30, 2017. NOTICE: The Secretary will be at the Society’s office on Wednesday and Thursday from 10:00 am to 4:00 pm, Thursday evening from 7:00 – 9:00 pm and Friday from 7:00 – 10:00 am, the week prior to opening of the Fair. Office phone (519) 833-2808. Entries to be sent to ERIN AGRICULTURAL SOCIETY, P.O. BOX 906, ERIN, ONTARIO, N0B 1T0 or may be faxed to (519) 833-0673. Some livestock entries can be made the day of the show. Please check with the fair office if you have any questions.
- There will be a flat fee of $5 deducted from prize money for all livestock classes, with the exception of 4-H classes, to cover administration costs.
Xtreme Productions only permits P-RATED SUMMER OR ALL SEASON tires. If there are EXTREME track conditions, some exceptions may be made. The exceptions are at the discretion of Xtreme Productions Officials and are NOT NEGOTIABLE.
Type of Vehicle
Any North American made hard top sedan or wagon. NO convertibles, jeep, limos, checker cabs or imperials. Competitors in the 4 cylinder class may use imports. TRUCK DRIVERS please note that unless otherwise specified in the schedule all trucks are to be ½ ton or ¾ ton single cab vehicles (no extended cab or crew cab).
1. Only one tow vehicle per demolition derby car in the pit area.
2. Drivers are responsible for ensuring that any other person around their care has signed the insurance waiver. Failure to do so may result in disqualification.
3. One driver and one pit person will receive free pit passes on the day of the event. All other persons wishing to be in the pit area will be required to pay a fee.
4. Xtreme Productions is not responsible for lost or stolen articles.
5. Demolition Derby is a hazardous sport and therefore anyone with health conditions or who is pregnant should not compete.
6. Xtreme Productions is not responsible for any injuries sustained either by drivers or members of the pit crew. Drivers should carry their own insurance for this purpose.
7. Xtreme Productions has a zero tolerance policy for the consumption of any alcohol or controlled substance by either the driver or pit crew. Any person under the influence of such substances will be disqualified from participation in the event and will not be issued a refund.
8. All drivers are required to report to Xtreme Productions at the time of arrival. Cars and drivers are to arrive a minimum of 1 ½ hours prior to start time.
9. All drivers must attend the driver’s meeting on the day of the event.
10. Drivers must be a minimum of 16 years of age.
11. All cars must be inspected by an Xtreme Productions official prior to the event start.
12. All work must be done prior to arrival at event.
13. All parts and vehicles must be removed from the event site.
14. Disqualification for any reason will not result in refund.
15. All cars must have working seatbelts.
16. All drivers must have a CSA approved helmet with working chin straps.
17. Eye protection must be worn.
18. No Shorts. Drivers should wear coveralls and safety footwear.
19. All vehicles must have a working CSA approved fire extinguisher secured within reach of the driver.
20. All flammable material except the dashboard and driver’s seat must be removed.
21. All lights, trailer, hitches, chrome, and exterior moldings must be removed.
22. All glass must be removed and debris swept clean.
23. Stock gas tanks must be removed. The only acceptable substitutes are a CSA approved METAL marine tank or custom METAL fuel cell. NO JERRY CANS. Gas tank must be securely mounted in the middle of the backseat. After inspection, the gas tank must be covered with a fireproof shield.
24. All vehicles MUST HAVE leak-proof fitting with steel or rubber lines. NO EXCEPTIONS.
25. Al vehicles with electric fuel pumps must have a safety shutoff switch mounted on the top of the steering wheel or dash area for easy access by Xtreme Productions Officials. All shut off switches should be painted a bright colour for easier visual location in case of emergency.
26. The battery must be moved from its stock position to the front passenger floor and contained in a box of container and must be covered with a fire proof shield. Only one 12-volt car battery is permitted.
27. A 12“ hole MUST be cut out of the hood above the carburetor. The hood must be fastened down in at least four places by wiring, strapping, chain or belts. NO WELDS.
28. Metal may be cut from around wheels for clearance. Rear ¼ may be welded or bolted.
29. Radiators must be in stock position and filled with water NOT antifreeze.
30. NO WELDING OF FRAMES except to secure bumpers. Rusty frames may be repaired. Bent frames may also be repaired with steel no thicker tan factory and no longer than 4” on 2 sides only. Over repaired frames will be considered reinforced and will be disqualified. This will be decided at the discretion of the Xtreme Productions officials and their word is final.
31. NO PAINTING FRAMES
32. All repairs to frames must be revealed to Xtreme Productions Officials at the time of inspection. If any other alteration are found, it will result in disqualifications.
33. Only car bumpers may be used on cars, truck bumpers on trucks. Bumper styles may be interchanged. Bumpers must remain front on front, rear on rear. Bumper shocks and mounting brackets may be welded. Bumpers can be chained and the ends may be cut off. No reinforcing of any kind on bumpers.
34. No welding inside body support seams or firewall seams.
35. A steal bar or cage MUST be placed over the windshield. If using mesh, only cover the driver’s side of the windshield. Any bars that are for reinforcement must be altered or removed. This will be decided at the discretion of an Xtreme Productions official and their word is final.
36. Drivers door window can not be covered with anything including crash bars or steel mesh.
37. All air bags and airbag sensors must be removed.
38. Absolutely no bars across the dash.
39. A 3 x 3 bar may run behind driver’s seat from post to post. The bar may extend downward and be welded or bolted to the top of the rocker or frame. A maximum of three bars may be run inside the drivers door for safety. A rollover bar is permitted.
40. All ball joints, tie rods, control arms, and steering linkage must remain stock.
41. Holes cut in the firewall must be covered with inflammable material.
42. Large holes in the floor or sunroof must be covered with metal that is securely fastened.
43. Rims must be stock. Only P_RATED SUMMER or ALL SEASON tread is permitted. No filling tires with any material, including fluids, chemicals or foam. No double tires or sidewalls. No studs, or screwing tires to rims. All wheel weights, trim rings and hub caps must be removed.
44. Body mounts must remain in place and stock. Only four extra bolts may be added to the drivers compartment. Two rear mounts may be extended up through the trunk or roof.
45. Steering column, rear sways and drive shafts may be altered.
46. The suspension styles on each car must remain stock. Ie. Coils can not be interchanged with leafs. Broken or sagging springs may be changed. Gears may be welded.
47. Doors and trunks must be chained, strapped or welded shut. No solid welds.
48. Xtreme Productions reserves the right to change any safety rule to meet track or weather conditions.
49. The word of any Xtreme Productions Official is final.
50. A protest fee of $100.00 is required to protest any vehicle.
51. At the conclusion of any event and at the discretion of any Xtreme Productions official, the winning vehicle may be inspected before any prize money or trophy is awarded.